Michael G. Somermeyer, MD
Fresenius Medical Care
Dr. Somermeyer specializes in kidney disease and critical care. His special interests include kidney stones, hypertension and osteoporosis. He is also board certified in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Somermeyer is the medical director of Fresenius Medical Care Waconia.
He is involved in the development of CKD disease management EMR. Dr. Somermeyer was selected as one of the “Top Doctors in the Twin Cities” in Mpls.St.Paul Magazine in 2009 and 2013-2015.
He enjoys birdwatching and the piano.
- Critical Care
- Kidney diseases
Years of Experience
- Graduate of University of Iowa Medical School, Iowa City
- Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from the University of Iowa
Current Licenses and Certifications
- Board certified in Internal Medicine, Nephrology and Critical Care Medicine
- Internship at the University of Oklahoma Medical School
- Residency at the University of Oklahoma Medical School
- Fellowship in Nephrology at the University of Michigan
Please check with your insurance carrier for coverage details, including whether or not this provider and specific services are in-network or out-of-network, deductible amounts and co-pays.