Michael D. Smith, MD, focuses solely on cervical spine diseases and injuries. Having completed an intensive fellowship in cervical spine surgery, he brings 20 years of expertise to his patients' care. He has performed more than 2,000 cervical spine surgeries during that time. Dr. Smith is well known for his gentle and compassionate approach with his patients.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Cervical spine disorders
Additional Languages Spoken
Sailing and Sports
Years of Experience
- Graduate of the University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Undergraduate degree in chemical engineering from the University of Oklahoma
Current Licenses and Certifications
- Board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Internship in General Surgery at the University of Michigan
- Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the University of Oklahoma
- Fellowship in Spine Surgery at Case Western University, Cleveland, Ohio
Please check with your insurance carrier for coverage details, including whether or not this provider and specific services are in-network or out-of-network, deductible amounts and co-pays.