Dr. Kinney is interested in all aspects of gastrointestinal disease. He has extensive experience in advanced and therapeutic endoscopy, particularly for diseases of the pancreas and bile ducts. He is also board certified in Internal Medicine.
Dr. Kinney is an assistant professor at the University of Minnesota. He was previously the director of Endoscopy at Hennepin County Medical Center and has trained many gastroenterologists practicing in the community. Dr. Kinney is considered an expert in diseases of the pancreas and bile duct and has published several research papers and book chapters on this subject.
He was selected as one of the “Top Doctors in the Twin Cities” in Mpls.St.Paul Magazine in 2014.
- Pancreatic diseases
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Bile duct diseases
- Advanced and therapeutic endoscopy
Years of Experience
- Graduate of University of Minnesota School of Medicine
- Undergraduate degree from Northwestern University
Current Licenses and Certifications
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Internship in Internal Medicine at Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
- Residency in Internal Medicine at Virginia Mason Medical Center, Seattle, Washington
- Fellowship in Gastroenterology at the University of Chicago Medical Center
Please check with your insurance carrier for coverage details, including whether or not this provider and specific services are in-network or out-of-network, deductible amounts and co-pays.